Between Greene Avenue & Grove Street
Block 3294, Lot 26
|Calvary and St. Cyprian’s Church (2011). Credit: Sarah Rosenblatt|
Year Built: 1910
Building Type: Church
Original Owner: Calvary & St. Cyprian’s Church
Proposed District: Bushwick Avenue Historic District
This church was formerly the St. Barnabas Protestant Episcopal Church. The Calvary Protestant congregation moved many times, but began services in 1869.
The structure was moved from Bushwick Avenue between Kosciusko Street and Kossuth Place in 1892, and was later burnt in a fire on February 7, 1910. It was at this point that the current brick church was constructed. A school was added in the basement level in 1977.
Include additional Photos/link to Flickr slideshow, ect? Add historic photos if relevant
Add addtional information relevant to building, like resident or thematic information that does not warrant its own page.
Include any external links relevant to this page; otherwise, this section can be deleted.