790 Bushwick Avenue
Between DeKalb Avenue and Kosciuszko Street
Block 3241, Lot 18
|Landmarks Preservation Commission, 2004|
Year Built: 1904 – 1905
Building Type: Public Library
Architect: William B. Tubby
Original Owner: Brooklyn Public Library
Proposed District: N/A
This landmarked Classical Revival brick and limestone library, designed by William B. Tubby, was completed in 1905 as one of the first library branches in the Borough of Brooklyn funded by a grant by Andrew Carnegie in response to the large population growth in Bushwick during the late 19th and early 20th century, which necessitated a growth of civil services. The double-height windows and rounded apse were designed to let light and air into the library and has served the community for over a century.
For more information, please refer to the link below to the Landmark Preservation Commission’s Designation Report.
Additional Photography Coming Soon!
Brooklyn Public Library Designation Report